Here is my gluten free version. Check each of your ingredients for gluten, if you have issues. It can be found in several of the items below, but easily also found gluten free. I used Trans Ocean imitation lobster that is found next to the imitation crab. It’s gluten free, saved some money, was easy to work with, and worked fine for this recipe.
Lobster Grilled Cheese ~ Gluten Free or Traditional
- 1/2 cup lobster meat Fresh would be best, but I used Trans Ocean imitation lobster this time. It is gluten free, much less expensive, and tastes great in this, too.
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 lemon zest and juice
- 1/2 tablespoon green onions chopped
- 2 dashes of Tabasco
- 2 slices of bread I used Shar Artisan Multi-Grain bread, it's gluten free.
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1/8 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 to mato diced
- few slices of cucumber about 1/8 cup
- 2 large slices of Brie cheese
- 1-2 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep all the vegetables and cheese before going any further.
- Combine the lobster meat, mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, green onions, and Tabasco in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a large non-stick skillet for 45 seconds until foaming.
- Place the 2 pieces of bread in the skillet and toast on both sides until lightly brown and toasted.
- Remove toast from skillet and place on a cookie sheet.
- Spread both slices of bread with the mascarpone cheese.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar for the next layer of one piece of bread. This will become the bottom of your sandwich.
- Top with the lobster mixture. Scatter the chopped tomato over the lobster. Top the tomatoes with the sliced cucumber. Place the Brie on top of the cucumber. Top the sandwich with the other piece of toast with the mascarpone facing down onto the sandwich.
- Bake in oven until the cheese is melted, about 5-10 minutes.